Blogs, are they really important???
blogs are extremely important as they help to increase site visits and ultimately leads!!! Blogs can consist of text, images or both. Originally they started out as personal online journals on people favourite subject matter. However more and more companies are now blogging about their products and services to attract and inform customers about that’s new in their companies.
Think about it this way, if they weren’t important, why did Yahoo buy Tumblr for $1.3 million this week???? Simply because 10 of millions of people share the things they love on Tumblr. (Tumblr.com)
Blogs can be embedded into your companies website, or set up on tools like wordpress.com, blogger.com, tumlbr.com etc.
Here are some statistics as to why blogs are so important. For the full list of 55 reasons by to blog form impactbnd.com, please click here
- 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog. (HubSpot)
- Blogging creates connections between people and companies. Connections bring more website traffic.
- Consistent blogging demonstrates commitment; by committing to your blog, you gain readers’ trust and encourage repeat visits.
- Businesses with websites that have 401-1000 web pages get six times more leads than those with 51-100 pages. (HubSpot)
- Keywords in blogs drive traffic from search engines.
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not. ( FactBrowser)
- B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those that do not. (Rick’s Tips)
- Blog links can be added almost anywhere – from an email signature to social media outlets, informing people of a new blog post generates website traffic.
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog. ( HubSpot)
- The average company that blogs gets 97% more inbound links. (HubSpot)
- 79% of online shoppers spend 50% of their shopping time researching products online. (HubSpot)
- On average, companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages. ( HubSpot)
- 78% of companies that update their blogs daily have acquired a customer from their blog. (WordPress)
- 89% of companies that update their blogs multiple times a day have acquired a customer from their blog. (WordPress)
- B2B companies that blog more than 4 times a week see the biggest increase in traffic and leads. (PWB Marketing Communications)