An eNewsletter or e-Newsletter is an HTML email that allows companies to submit corporate announcements, press releases, product launches, coupons, and much more to their clients on a continual basis using an email or eNewsletter system. (Hudson Horizons)Email newsletters may be sent daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or even annually.
Email newsletters allow brands to inform subscribers about upcoming events, courses, new products or changes to legislation The content will vary depending on the brand/company. I work for an membership organisation that uses it’s newsletter to inform members to any changes in legislation that may affect their company and also to inform members about the organisation active that month.
Newsweaver, a company that provide software to companies to design, send and monitor their online newsletters recently published a report in association with the Marketing Institute that looked at the Irish Marketers’s use of email. The report found that
- “Companies are mostly using email for maintaining customer relationship (94%), internal communications (70%), building brand awareness (89%) and increasing website traffic (84%).
- 54.7% of respondents felt that mobile email holds the biggest opportunity for email success. “
For a company deciding to use email for the first time, you need to consider;
- what you are going to talk about and when?
- when are you going to send the newsletter – weekly, monthly or quarterly
- ensure that you keep to your promise and send out the newsletter on time
- maintain your mailing list, constantly review and update subscribers profiles
- ensure that you are providing subscribers with up to date relevant information that will engage them and build loyalty to your brand/company.
Once you have decided you are going to use email newletters, please analyse the findings to determine what subscribers clicked on and more importantly what content they didn’t click on so that you can learn about what important to your target audience. This will allow you to measure if your email campaign is achieving your overall business objective set out in your companies digital marketing plan.